It's hard to believe that What's Your Beef is right around the corner! Last year we had a fabulous time raising funds for a great cause and we're ready to do it again on Thursday, April 18, 2013! You can register for tickets here
and be sure to check out our great line-up of chefs and incredible sponsors below. CELEBRITY CHEFS
Karen Akunowicz of Myers + Chang
Jason Bond of Bondir
Danny Bua of The Painted Burro
Louie DiBiccari of Tavern Road
Tiffani Faison of Sweet Cheeks
Will Gilson of Puritan & Company
Kevin O'Donnell of The Salty Pig
Brian Reyelt of Citizen Public House & Oyster Bar
Michael Scelfo of Russell House TavernMIXOLOGIST
Domingo-Martin Barreres of MarketSPONSORS90+ CellarsBoston OrganicsEdible Boston
Espresso PlusFilippo BerioHunt's Photo & VideoIsland Creek OystersNortheast Family FarmsPeak Organic Beer
Polar BeveragesSons of Liberty Spirits CompanyVegwareVermont Farmstead Cheese CompanyVerterraWusthofWe hope to see you on Thursday, April 18!
Thanks to the support of the Boston restaurant community, our sponsors, and you – the BCAE successfully threw our first annual “What’s Your Beef” fundraiser on April 19th to a sold out crowd, and A-list chef attendance. With over 250 people in the building and 9 celebrity chefs sizzling beef – the event was a mouthwatering success. In case you missed it, here were a few highlights to get you excited for next year:
* NECN’s Jenny Johnson commanding the live auction and reeling in over $2,000 for a private cooking class with Will Gilson along with a 4-course dinner at his highly anticipated new restaurant, bridgestreet.
* Over 400 shucked oysters to enjoy thanks to our friends at Island Creek Oysters
* Clear Channel Outdoor President, Steve Ross throwing in a last minute VIP Celtics ticket package in the middle of the live auction (did I mention he also put up 2 “What’s Your Beef?” billboards on 93 North and South? Yes, he is our favorite)
* English Bill’s fresh squeezed Beefeater punch (dangerously delicious!), Peak Organics own Rob Lucente serving up his finest brew and Vino di Vino keeping everyone’s wine glasses filled
* Over 500 hand cut cow hoofprints guiding guests to the various chef stations
* The BEST VIP bags ever (not to toot our own horn, but it’s true). A few of the items, you ask? How about Wusthof kitchen shears, Flippio Berio Olive Oil, Peak Organic pint glasses, Muir Glen Organic tomatoes…and that’s just naming a few. Not to mention, the incredible beef branded burlap bags all the treats came in!
Thank you everyone for your support and generosity. It was more than we could ever hope for. See you next year!
Spring is just around the corner and here at the BCAE we’re gearing up for our first annual “What’s Your Beef?” fundraiser. Nine of Boston’s premier chefs will be breaking down and serving up designated cuts of the highest quality local beef provided by John Crow Farm, Northeast Family Farms and Hardwick Beef. We can’t wait to see how Ming Tsai prepares loin and taste the Beefeater 24 cocktails mixed by “English Bill” Codman.
The night will directly support the BCAE and our tuition voucher program which offers free and discounted classes to our partnered social service agencies. Through our tuition voucher program we are able to provide educational opportunities to those who need them most. You can make a difference by joining us for a fantastic night of raising forks and funds!
We are excited and overwhelmed to have so many sponsors on board for the event (check the list below!) This is one not to be missed. See you on Thursday, April 19th! More information here.
John Crow Farm
Northeast Family Farms
Peak Organic Brewing Company
Island Creek Oysters
Nashoba Brook Bakery