Well, folks, summer has arrived in Boston, and we couldn't be happier about it! It quickly spoils us with sunshine and makes us forget that it was ever cold and snowy here...
Knowing that summer could be taken away from us at any time, we squish as much as possible into these fleeting warm, glorious months! We surveyed the BCAE staff about their favorite summer activities here in the city (or close by) to help you start (or add to) your ever-growing summer to-do list.
1. Catch a Game at Fenway Park
Whether you're a die-hard Red Sox fan, or an unwavering addict of Fenway Franks, there's something for everyone. And with this being Big Papi's final season, make sure to buy your tickets to catch the legend's final glory days at Fenway.
2. Get Artsy...Outside!
Eager to enjoy the long days and warm nights, many of Boston's arts organizations head out of doors for the summer so you can get your cultural fix al fresco. Some that top the list?
- Shakespeare on the Common (check out our special VIP version here)
- Landmarks Orchestra Concerts on the Esplanade
- HarborWalk Sounds outdoor concerts at the ICA
3. Hit the Water
Rent a kayak, learn to sail, or just cruise - the Charles River and the Boston Harbor have loads of opportunities to stay cool and explore the life aquatic without leaving the city limits. We've partnered with some local businesses to bring you some water-filled offerings of our own:
- Boston Sunset Kayak Tour - July 21st
- Boston Skyline Kayak Tour - August 20th
- An Introduction to Sailing - June 18th or August 13th
- An Introduction to Rowing - August 6th
4. Patio Season...
...might just be the happiest season! When you stroll the streets of Boston and your favorite restaurants and bars transform into Euro-chic patios and beer gardens of all sizes and shapes. Those beers just taste better outside, don't they? Some staff favorites include:
- Atwood's Tavern, Cambridge
- Coppa, South End, Boston
- Fairsted Kitchen, Brookline
- KO Pies, East Boston
- Sofra Bakery, Cambridge
5. Lobster, lobster & more lobster!
Nothing says summer like a hot dog bun overflowing with the freshest Boston waters have to offer. Well, really, throw that fresh New England lobster on just about anything and we're there. Some staff picks include:
- Traditional Lobster Roll at Yankee Lobster Co.
- Lobster Mac & Cheese at The Chantey at Marina Bay
- Lobster Salad Sandwich at Alive and Kicking Lobsters
And as always, we have a long list of classes to satisfy any and all of your summer to-do cravings! Check 'em out here!